COVID-19 Vaccination Programme
This page is where you will find the latest information for general practice about the COVID-19 vaccination programme. We are updating this page regularly as new information is released.
This guidance from the BMA provides detail about what the CVP (COVID-19 vaccination programme) service involves, what is expected of practices, what you will get to support this work, and guidance on what to do now. First published November 2020, updated regularly.
Update 24 November 2020: the BMA guidance has been updated to include:
- the specific characteristics for two of the potential vaccines that are likely to be supplied in the UK and how practices can prepare for this.
- clarification that the latest information on the vaccines suggests that patients do not need to be observed following administration of the vaccine, but patients must not drive for 15 minutes after.
- new section about how practices can utilise the resources and contractual flexibilities provided, and considering what is needed to practically deliver the vaccine and workforce issues.
NHSEI: COVID-19 Vaccination Programme
Visit the NHSEI Updates for General Practice page for:
- NHSEI letter on preparing general practice to contribute to a potential COVID-19 vaccination programme (09 November 2020)
- Indicative Enhanced Service Specification: COVID-19 Vaccination Programme (09 November 2020)
- General practice site designation process (09 November 2020)