COVID-19 Vaccination Programme
This page is where you will find the latest information for general practice about the COVID-19 vaccination programme. We are updating this page regularly as new information is released.
Below you will find information from:
- NHSEI - Covid-19 Vaccination Programme
- NHSEI Primary Care Bulletins
- Public Health England
NHSEI: COVID-19 Vaccination Programme
Visit the NHSEI Primary Care guidance pages for key documents including:
Next phase of NHS COVID-19 vaccination campaign (13 April 2021)
Supporting COVID-19 vaccine uptake during Ramadan (9 April 2021)
Announcement regarding AstraZeneca vaccine and next steps (7 April 2021)
COVID-19 deployment queries – contact information:
Supplies: For queries about vaccine supply, ordering and delivery support, and supply of consumables and PPE, contact Unipart at CS@nhsvaccinesupport.com / 0800 678 1650, open 7am to 7pm, Monday-Sunday.
IT and hardware: For queries about IT issues, including IT hardware, 4G connectivity (for equipment provided by NHSE), Pinnacle, Foundry, Data and other IT services issues, contact the Covid Vaccination Help Desk on email@example.com / 0300 200 1000, open 6am to 10pm every day, including Bank Holidays.
For all other queries, contact your Regional Vaccination Operation Centre (RVOC) in the first instance: North East & Yorkshire firstname.lastname@example.org
NHSE/I Primary Care Bulletins
All NHSEI bulletins, plus sign up link, can be found on the NHSE website here.
Recent editions and summary of contents:
- 12/05/21: Mental Health Awareness Week; Evidencing COVID-19 vaccinations for international travel; Multilingual versions of pulse oximetry patient video; Every vaccination gives us hope - campaign materials; Referring patients with minor illness symptoms to a community pharmacist; Community Pharmacy Workforce Survey 2021 launched; Uplifting resources: chosen by NHS staff for NHS staff; Your chance to improve staff training in primary care
- 06/05/21: GP workforce data; Making the most of electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD); Understanding your GP career options; Free Community Pharmacist Consultation Service (CPCS) Training; Changes to Pneumovax®23 (Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine, PPV23) - supply route; See through the symptoms – lung cancer campaign; New guidance for PIFU and remote consultation services for people with skin conditions is now available
- 04/05/21: communications toolkit to support general practice to communicate with patients; A Beacon of Hope: The UK Vaccine Story; National guidance for post-COVID syndrome assessment clinics; E-learning modules to support detection of early deterioration of patients with COVID-19; Your chance to inform staff training in primary care; NHS Digital Weight Management Programme; Updated social media access graphics; Save the date: National Thank You Day (Sunday 4 July 2021); We’ve been #LookingAfterYouToo for one year; New roles in primary care - national toolkit; Availability of pulse oximeters for remote monitoring of patients with coronavirus; Proactive Care @home webinar.
This guidance from the BMA provides detail about what the CVP (COVID-19 vaccination programme) service involves, what is expected of practices, what you will get to support this work, and guidance on what to do now.
Recent updates include: Access to vaccines for all frontline health and social care workers; Further support the BMA secured to enable practices to prioritise vaccine delivery, including additional payments for care home vaccinations (8 January).
The BMA have also published guidance on how practices can utilise extra workforce to deliver the COVID-19 vaccine programme (regularly updated).
Guidance for healthcare practitioners about the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination programme. Regularly updated.