COVID-19 Vaccination Programme
This page is where you will find the latest information for general practice about the COVID-19 vaccination programme. We are updating this page regularly as new information is released.
Below you will find information from:
- NHSEI - Covid-19 Vaccination Programme
- NHSEI Primary Care Bulletins
- Public Health England
NHSEI: COVID-19 Vaccination Programme
Visit the NHSEI Primary Care guidance pages for key documents including:
Next phase of NHS COVID-19 vaccination campaign (13 April 2021)
Supporting COVID-19 vaccine uptake during Ramadan (9 April 2021)
Announcement regarding AstraZeneca vaccine and next steps (7 April 2021)
COVID-19 vaccination programme: FAQs on second doses (19 March 2021)
Pregnancy and vaccination actions for maternity services (19 March 2021)
COVID-19 vaccination deployment next steps on uptake and supply (17 March 2021)
Standard operating procedure – COVID-19 vaccine deployment programme: unpaid carers (JCVI priority cohort 6) (8 March 2021)
COVID-19 deployment queries – contact information:
Supplies: For queries about vaccine supply, ordering and delivery support, and supply of consumables and PPE, contact Unipart at CS@nhsvaccinesupport.com / 0800 678 1650, open 7am to 7pm, Monday-Sunday.
IT and hardware: For queries about IT issues, including IT hardware, 4G connectivity (for equipment provided by NHSE), Pinnacle, Foundry, Data and other IT services issues, contact the Covid Vaccination Help Desk on email@example.com / 0300 200 1000, open 6am to 10pm every day, including Bank Holidays.
For all other queries, contact your Regional Vaccination Operation Centre (RVOC) in the first instance: North East & Yorkshire firstname.lastname@example.org
NHSE/I Primary Care Bulletins
All NHSEI bulletins, plus sign up link, can be found on the NHSE website here.
Recent editions and summary of contents:
- 14/04/21: next phase of the vaccination programme; Inhaled budesonide therapeutic alert; Outcomes4Health system enhancements.
- 08/04/21: Announcement regarding AstraZeneca vaccine and next steps; New NICE guideline on assessment and management of chronic pain published; Government extends free COVID-19 PPE scheme until the end of March 2022; Pulse oximetry for people with darker skin; Usage of lateral flow devices for asymptomatic staff testing; Achievements and developments during 2020/21 flu season; Extension of temporary changes to GP contract under the pandemic regulations; GP contract legislative changes; National video consultation contract – transition period; Quickly signpost patients with NHS Service Finder; Reminder for self-isolating patients and household contacts not to go to pharmacies; Dementia and older people’s mental health: guidance for primary care networks and care homes; Evaluation of clinical Advice and Guidance (A&G) services; Multiple long-term conditions (multimorbidity): making sense of the evidence; Improving the health of deprived communities; BLOG: So where does social prescribing go from here?
- 01/04/21: Vaccination of household contacts of those with severe immunosuppression; COVID-19 local vaccination services deployment in community settings; Network Contract Directed Enhanced Service; Improving General Practice appointment data (GPAD); Take part in testing a new patient experience survey in general practice; Op COURAGE: The Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service; Extension of temporary suspension of the need for signatures on prescriptions, dental and ophthalmic forms; Autism Awareness Week; Case study: How a general practice and local charities within Bensham, Gateshead joined forces to open an allotment for their local community; Freedom to Speak Up information sessions; Return of the manual healthcare worker sit-rep; Join the COVID-19 Vaccine Equalities Connect and Exchange Hub; The use and regulation of pulse oximeters (information for healthcare professionals)
This guidance from the BMA provides detail about what the CVP (COVID-19 vaccination programme) service involves, what is expected of practices, what you will get to support this work, and guidance on what to do now.
Recent updates include: Access to vaccines for all frontline health and social care workers; Further support the BMA secured to enable practices to prioritise vaccine delivery, including additional payments for care home vaccinations (8 January).
The BMA have also published guidance on how practices can utilise extra workforce to deliver the COVID-19 vaccine programme (regularly updated).
Guidance for healthcare practitioners about the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination programme. Regularly updated.