GP Contract 2020/21 - Summary of Changes
Publication date: February 2020
GPC England and NHSE/I have negotiated changes to the GP contract for 2020-21 following a GPC England meeting held on 6 February 2020.
Full details are available on the BMA website here.
• The new value of Global Sum from 1st April will be £93.46.
• The new value of a QOF point will be £194.83.
• More roles added to the Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme.
• Between 2020/21 and 2023/24, the scheme will expand to 26,000 additional roles.
• All roles to be reimbursed at 100%, freeing up the existing £1.50/head to contribute to management support for PCNs.
• Funding entitlements increase from £257m to £430m next year and, in 2023/24, from £891m to £1,412m.
• Extra investment will fund new GP training recruitment and retention measures with £20,000 plus training support for every new partner.
• Payment arrangements for vaccinations and immunisations to be reformed.
• QOF to be updated.
• PCN service specifications reduced and improved.
• Investment and Impact Fund introduced worth £40.5m in 2020/21.
The BMA and NHS England have published a new document Update to the GP Contract agreement 2020/21-2023/24 which includes the revised DES specifications, subject to approval at an LMC special conference which will discuss the changes. A date for this event will be announced shortly.
GPC exec will be presenting these changes at the GP Contract Roadshow on Tuesday 3rd March 2020, 19:00-21:00 (Food from 18:00) Lazaat Hotel, Cottingham HU16 5SX. Places can be booked here.
We welcome your comments on this package. Please email these to firstname.lastname@example.org.