In line with policy from the 2016 LMC conference, and based on responses from the survey of GPs in England, GPC's aim in the contract negotiations was to provide stability to GMS and PMS contracts where possible, to secure much needed funding to address GP practice expenses, and to tackle unnecessary bureaucratic workload which takes vital time away from clinical care of patients.
GMS contract changes for 2017/18
GPC England has overwhelmingly voted to accept the negotiated contract changes for 2017/18 as outlined below:
- Avoiding Unplanned Admissions DES (AUA)
- CQC fees
- Indemnity costs
- Sickness cover reimbursement for GPs
- Maternity cover reimbursement
- Learning Disabilities DES
- Expenses and pay uplift
- Workforce census
- Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF)
- Core opening hours and Extended Hours DES
- Access to healthcare
- National diabetes audit (NDA)
- Data collection
- Registration of prisoners
- Vaccinations and Immunisations
- GP retention scheme
- GMS digital – non-contractual
Read the letter from Dr Chaand Nagpaul outlining the key changes.
Watch the video of Dr Chaand Nagpaul outlining the key changes.