- There will be a 4 year pace of change from April 2014.
- Decisions relating to the future use of PMS funding should be agreed jointly with CCGs as part of anticipated co-commissioning arrangements.
- Any proposals to reduce the current levels of PMS funding for any practices should reflect decisions on how the money freed up will be redeployed, including proposals for reinvestment of resources from area team or CCGs to support local improvement and innovation in primary care. This is to ensure that changes to practice funding will reflect he overall net impact of any change, and practices don't have to manage a reduction of funding, before subsequent reinvestment.
- Any resources freed up from PMS reviews should always be reinvested in general practice services (including, as appropriate, general practice premises developments.)
- Except with the agreement of all the CCGs involved, PMS resources should not be redeployed outside the current CG locality (i.e. the CCG of which the PMS practice is a member).
NHS England have just published their Framework for Personal Medical Services (PMS) agreements reveiw. This provides guidance for Area Teams on the conduct and timescales of PMS Reviews. The highlights are: