There are further reductions in bureaucracy to enable greater focus on patient care. By concluding negotiations at a much earlier stage than in previous years, it also gives practices more notice to prepare for changes.
The key contract changes to take effect in 2015-16 include:
- Avoiding Unplanned Admission enhanced service changes
- Patient participation enhanced service to end in March 2015
- Alcohol enhanced service to end in March 2015
- Maternity and paternity cover improvement
- Named GP for all patients
- Changes to patient online access to records
- Publication of GP earnings
- QOF stability
- Assurance on Out of Hours Provision
- Changes to registration to reflect armed forces health requirements
Read the BMA summary of the key contract changes.