Each of the two geographical areas we cover has an elected Committee to ensure that issues relevant to GPs are raised and discussed in relation to local priorities and circumstances.
The number of doctors elected to each committee is based on the number of practitioners on the list within the constituency when the elections take place. The size of each committee is currently as follows:
North & North East Lincolnshire - 15 (including 4 seats for Sessional GPs)
Hull & East Yorkshire - 24 (including 5 seats for Sessional GPs)
Members are co-opted when appropriate and elections to the Committees take place every 3 years.
Would you like to sit on one of our LMCs?
The LMC exists solely for the benefit of GPs and relies on their active engagement to realise benefits for the entire profession. There are many benefits to becoming a Committee Member including:
- continuing professional development
- the opportunity to engage with local and national health bodies, developing relationships with key individuals in those organisations
- greater understanding of new health initiatives as they emerge and the opportunity to influence their development
- having a forum to raise awareness of issues affecting practices and colleagues
- enhancement of clinical and practice management skills
- awareness of the political environment affecting general practice
- using the knowledge gained from involvement with the Committee to feed into practice business planning
Please contact us if you are interested in finding out more about this role and about any current vacancies on the Committees.
View a list of future LMC meeting dates.