PCNs - Network Contract DES National Service Specifications 2020/21
Publication date: January 2020
NHS England is seeking feedback on the five national service specifications, of the GP contract framework, which will be delivered by primary care networks (PCNs) - in collaboration with community services and other providers - from April 2020.
The GP contract framework set out seven national service specifications that will be added to the Network Contract DES: five starting from April 2020, and a further two from April 2021. The five services are:
• Structured Medication Reviews and Optimisation
• Enhanced Health in Care Homes (jointly with community services providers)
• Anticipatory Care (jointly with community services providers)
• Personalised Care; and
• Supporting Early Cancer Diagnosis.
The LMC's position on the specifications is set our in our advice update which can be downloaded here.
There are a number of opportunities to share your thoughts on the outline draft of the service specifications. Please note there is a tight timescale to submit responses.
• The document is available online here, with a number of questions to be answered to help shape the final service specifications. This will be live until 1pm on 15 January 2020.
• A series of facilitated interactive webinars will be taking place as follows:
• Wednesday 8 January 2020 – 12 noon-1.30pm
• Thursday 9 January 2020 - 10am-11.30am
• Tuesday 14 January 2020 – 3pm-4.30pm (focusing on the community services elements of the Enhanced Health in Care Homes and Anticipatory Care service specifications, aimed at directors and chief executives of community health providers).
Nikki Kanani will be hosting a Twitter chat on 7 January 2019 specifically about the service specifications. Follow #primarycarenetworks from 8pm and join in the conversation and share your views.
Should you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.