Rebuild General Practice Campaign
Humberside LMCs is supporting the Rebuild General Practice campaign, which is calling for action to improve:
- Recruitment: The UK Government delivering on its commitment of an additional 6,000 GPs in England by 2024.
- Retention: Tackling the factors driving GPs out of the profession such as burn out.
- Safety: A plan to reduce GP workload and in turn improve patient safety.
Rebuilding General Practice will:
- Give GPs across the UK the time back to deliver the quality of care they want to be able to give patients
- While ensuring that patients are cared for by the right general practice team member
- Resolve the difficulties many patients are facing in getting timely GP appointments
- Benefit the NHS as a whole by alleviating pressure on hospitals and help to tackle the backlog which existed long before the pandemic
The campaign is funded by the British Medical Association and GPDF on behalf of the general practice community.
There are four main elements to the campaign to further the aim of creating a better environment for general practice:
- Public - deepen understanding of the challenges GPs face and demonstrate their support
- LMC engagement - support, equip and mobilise LMCs across the country to engage in the campaign
- Media - counter negative media and shift narrative towards systemic issues, not blame on GPs
- Political - influence policy for GPs and rebuild critical relationship with UK government and civil service
Read more on the campaign website and access news, videos and materials: Rebuild General Practice.
Support the campaign: follow #RebuildGP on Twitter.